SECRETS OF CONTRACT LAW
A One-Day Legal Education Seminar
Presented by Robert C. Worthington, LLB
A full day of instruction focusing upon the basic rules and laws of
• Essential elements of a contract
• Verbal, fax and e-mail contracting
• Common problems in contract formation
• Purchase orders and other form contracts
• Breach of contract - rights and remedies
• Enforcing your contractual rights
• Improving your rights and remedies
• Tips, tricks and checklists for contracting
• Problems in performance
• Managing Contractors
• Contracting with U.S. Suppliers
• Change Orders and amending the contract
Who Should Attend:
Those who can benefit
from this course are private and public sector purchasers and managers;
vendors and contractors who supply goods and services; anyone who hires
or manages service contractors and suppliers for their organization; bidders
and sub-trade contractors; and anyone who wants to learn more about how
to make exceptional, enforceable contracts. The course has proven to be
of particular interest to people working in the following fields:
• Airports, Airlines and Aerospace Engineering
• Educational Institutions; Universities, Colleges,
• Federal and Provincial Governments, Crown Corporations,
Municipalities and Districts
• Forest Industry, Pulp and Paper
• Manufacturing and Distribution
• Medical Care Facilities, Hospitals and Health Authorities
• Mining, Minerals and Chemicals
• Oil and Gas Companies
• Power Companies and Public Utilities
• Private Business and Services
• Purchasing and Professional Associations.
For more information, please .
To find out if any public session of this seminar is being offered in your region in the near future, please visit our Calendar Page. If no public session is listed, you can request an in-house presentation for your team. If you have 10 to 40 people in your organization to train, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to put together a customized proposal for your purchasing group.
If you are a member of a regional or national purchasing group or professional organization, and wish to host a seminar, please be in touch to request a customized proposal for your membership. Keynote Presentations can be added for conferences, round tables and group meetings.
If you are interested in having a public course in your region, please fill out our Mailing List Form. When we have 25 people from any city interested in a course, we will schedule it in a public venue. Thanks.
About the Instructor:
ROBERT C. WORTHINGTON
An award-winning lecturer in law, Robert C. Worthington, LLB, has taught purchasers, contract managers and their legal counsel throughout Canada for 30 years, specializing in the laws of contract, competitive bidding and procurement. He has written three books on contract and procurement law, designed especially for contracting and purchasing professionals. All of Robert's publications and law seminars are entertaining as well as informative. For more information, please check out the links on this website.
AND ASSOCIATES LTD.
PO Box 2801
Sidney, B.C. V8L 5Y9